If you believe in the “Do it yourself” principle and it so will be better you can use the instruction replacement front and rear bumper of Ford Fusion.
Some types of repairs can be much more difficult than others if you need to remove one or more body components to gain access to the part, which you will replace.
You will need a few useful tools with which to replace the bumper will not be a difficult task. Preparing to have your bumper repaired will reduce the chances of you damaging or scratching your bumper.
Rear Bumper Replacement
- Raise the car with a jack, insert stands, then remove the wheels.
- Remove the rear wheel arches from your Ford Fusion to access the rear bumper side mounts.
- Open the trunk.
- Remove the side mounts located inside the wheel arches, this will make it easier for you to remove the bumper.
- Remove the lower mounts that are under the car.
- Turn off your license plate lights and reverse radar sensors if you have them.
- Loosen the top fasteners which are inside the trunk.
- Unscrew the fastening screws on the vehicle chassis (in the middle and on the sides).
- Unfasten the sides of the bumper and then remove it.
- If you’re having trouble, check to see if you’ve removed all the screws.
- Place the removed bumper on a soft surface (mat).
Front Bumper Replacement
The front bumper is removed in the same way.
Open the hood because you will need access to the bumper mounts that are inside the engine bay.
Remove the wheel arches. To remove the staples, use a special tool (extractor). Or use a flathead screwdriver and something else as a lever to remove the clip.
Remove the screws that will be behind the mudguard to unlock the front bumper on the sides.
Loosen the screws or remove the clips at the top of the bumper in the engine compartment.
Loosen the screws on the car chassis (in the middle of the bumper and on the sides).
Turn off license plate lights and distance control radars.
Remove the bumper.
That’s all, you have learned from these two parts how to disassemble the Ford Fusion’s rear and front bumper. The methods are essentially the same and you just have to be meticulous to make sure everything goes well.