ABS is an automated safety anti-skid braking system used on cars. ABS has been creating by the propositions of skillful drivers techniques.
The purpose of ABS is operate by preventing the wheels from locking up during braking process, providing reliable contact between wheels and road surface.
Locks up of the wheels is one of the most dangerous things that can occur with you in driving. Wheels locking can has two possible negative effects like full car turn or full lose steering control.
ABS is react to the wheels locking in time. Using interrupt and reapply the brakes up to 20-25 times, prevents the negative factors. The main task of ABS is not allow skid. Really, all modern version of cars are suited with ABS.
ABS How it works
It`s not difficult. ABS work includes three main fragment:
- facilities of alerts- tells when a wheel is near to lock;
- facilities of releasing its brake;
- facilities of restoring the pressure to the brake line after release (providing ABS work without the driver releasing and reapplying pressure on the brake pedal);
The working process of ABS includes releasing and reapplying braking up to 25 times repeat.
ABS systems use special mechanical sensors that control the wheels speed against each other and the rate of deceleration. These aspects give to understand when a wheel is slowing too quickly. In this cases ABS is beginning to work.
How BOSCH ABS works
- When driver press the brake pedal, the solenoid valve allows pressure through to the caliper, therefore the pads can hold and slow the disc.
- When the sensor detects that the wheel is near to lock, the hydraulic supply is cut off by the valve`s plunger.
- If the wheel is still in danger of locking, it is necessary to dump pressure to the tank by the plunger moves.
- If the wheel has high speed need to reapply the brake, therefore the valve is dropped to its lowest position to do it.